With What's Up! mobile apps you can:
- Learn about the events happening in the greater region.
- Find the nearest events to you on a map.
- Create your own events and share them with everybody else for free.
- Get notified of important events and information.
- Vote for your favorite events and bookmark them.
- Follow the trend of fuel prices.
- Get public transport departure times and bookmark your most used bus stops.
- Get the status of public parkings in and around the city.
- and gain many more benefits!
The concept behind this HackJam is to explore one of the use cases of the Blockchain technology using a Java environment.
A blockchain is an immutable, sequential chain of records called Blocks which are chained together using hashes.
Blockchain could be used to secure voting systems and votes against tampering by those who would try to impact an election.
We will start with a backend application riddled with inconsistencies and aim to fix all the bugs before we can add features to the application.
In the late evening you will have learned the following concepts:
* Using Test Driven Development
* Using Postman to test your services
* Learn more about SpringBooot framework
* Implement a simplified reliable electronic voting system
Hackages mentors will guide you through this session but we do advise participants to install the required modules to avoid technical problems the d-day:
- Install Java 8 or higher
- Install Maven 3.3 or higher
Note that this HackJam is meant for developers of all levels.