With What's Up! mobile apps you can:
- Learn about the events happening in the greater region.
- Find the nearest events to you on a map.
- Create your own events and share them with everybody else for free.
- Get notified of important events and information.
- Vote for your favorite events and bookmark them.
- Follow the trend of fuel prices.
- Get public transport departure times and bookmark your most used bus stops.
- Get the status of public parkings in and around the city.
- and gain many more benefits!
Mari on oma kontsertidega reisinud mitmel pool maailmas: enamikus
Euroopa riikides ning viimasel ajal sageli ka Jaapanis. Tema 2015.
aastal rahvusvahelise ansambliga Mari Kalkun & Runorun salvestatud
album „Tii ilo“ nomineeriti 2015. aasta etnomuusika albumi
tiitlile nii Eesti kui ka Soome muusikaauhindadel. 2018. aastal
nomineeriti ta Eesti Muusikaauhindadel aasta naisartisti tiitlile ning
tema album „Ilmamõtsan“ aasta etnomuusika albumi tiitlile. 2018.
aasta Tallinn Music Weekil valisid muusikaspetsialistidest delegaadid
ja publik tema kava üheks oma lemmikuks ja ta pälvis TMW
artistiauhinna. The Guardian nimetas „Ilmamõtsan“ üheks kümnest
- aasta parimaks maailmamuusika albumiks.
BRIEFLY IN ENGLISH
Hers is a voice that seems to speak to us from the heart of the
Estonian forest. Mari Kalkun’s music is at once of a place and
deeply personal., For those of us with ears and hearts open her music,
rooted in ancient Estonian and Võru traditions, resonates deep within
us to touch our spirits, our souls – even when the language is
strange to us. Songs and musical arrangements that are sparse and
stripped down allow emotions to surface and the music to breathe and
reveal itself as if something organic and real. Her music is intimate
– it seems that it is born of the Baltic winter forests and icy
landscapes and yet it also encompasses renewal, hope and celebration.
Mari’s voice speaks directly to us all and reminds us just how vast
the soul of a singer can be and how small our world is.
Mari Kalkun has released five albums in Estonia, Europe and Japan.
Since the release of her first album Üü tulõk (The arrival of the
Night) in 2007 in Estonia, she has toured in many parts of Europe. All
her records have now also been released in Japan. In 2018, Mari Kalkun
was nominated in two categories at the Estonian Music Awards ceremony
and she received Tallinn Music Week artist award. Her latest album
Ilmamõtsan was chosen to the TOP 10 of best world music albums 2018
by The Guardian. Combining folk traditions with innovative
song-writing, Mari Kalkun is one of the most forward-looking folk
vocals, zither, harmonica, chimes and bells